Preliminary Studies Application, 2014/2015
All applicants seeking admission into the School of General & Preliminary Studies Federal University, Dutsin-Ma are hereby invited to apply on-line for admission into the 2014/2015 Academic Session.
- Visit our application portal at http://portal.fudutsinma.edu.ng/sgps/, locate and click Start Application at the bottom left corner of the page to start your application.
- Fill and submit the "Application Form".
- A "Payment Transaction Slip" is generated for you. On it, you will find your unique Transaction ID for making payments at the Bank, as well as your Application Form Number.
- Print a copy of your Payment Transaction Slip, and proceed to pay a non-refundable fee of N5,300 (Five thousand, three hundred naira only, bank charges inclusive) N5,000.00 (Five thousand naira) for the Application form and N300.00 (Three hundred Naira) for bank charges using any of the payment options listed below.
- You will be required to present your Transaction ID at the bank if you choose to pay cash.
- You will be charged an additional N100 (One Hundred Naira) if you choose to pay using the ATM option.
- Return to the Portal (http://portal.fudutsinma.edu.ng/sgps/) after payment, enter your Application Form Number and email address to continue your application.
- Complete and submit the full application form with accurate data.
There are three Payment options available for applicants to make payment.
- Cash Payment at Designated Banks
- ATM payment at ATM Machines Across the Country
- WEB on the Quickteller platform.
- For Cash Payments: Visit any branch of
- Zenith Bank Plc
- United Bank for Africa
- Guarantee Trust Bank
- First Bank of Nigeria
- For ATM Visit any ATM machine with your ATM card and do the following:
- Select Quickteller from the ATM menu
- Select pay bills
- Fill in the Transaction ID generated from the our portal when you are requested to enter the Customer ID
- Fill in 65101 when you are requested to enter the Payment Code
- Enter your GSM Number and complete the transaction.
- Then return to the portal to login and print out your payment slip
- For Web Visit the Quickteller website to complete your transaction.
- visit www.quickteller.com/fudmapay
- insert your transaction ID
- insert your email and mobile number and click "continue"
- follow the instructions on the screen to complete your payment
- Submitted applications will only be processed and validated after payment has been confirmed. Applicants are advised to ensure the following:
- Use the correct "Transaction ID" found on your Payment Transaction Slip.
- Regularly check our website: http://www.fudutsinma.edu.ng for up-to-date information regarding their application.
- Candidate must ensure to select the correct subject combination for their desired programme of study.
- Remedial: This Program is for applicants with at least three credits in any of the science O'Level subjects listed above.
- Preliminary Studies: This Program is for applicants who have five(5) credits in the science O'Level subjects listed above. Two options are available for preliminary studies:
- PS1: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology
- PS2: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Agricultural Science.
- All successful applicants would be required to partake in a screening test for which a date would be announced.
- The test is Computer-Based Testing.
- The use of Electronic calculators, GSM phones, CDMA and other electronic devices are not allowed into the screening exercise hall.
- For an application to qualify for consideration,
- A candidate must possess at least five (5) O'Level credits in English, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology or Agricultural Science only when applying for Preliminary Studies.
- A candidate must possess at least three (3) O’Level credits in science subjects listed above when applying for Remedial.
- Applicant must pay the required application fee of ₦5,300.00 (bank charges inclusive) otherwise, their application will NOT be considered.
- Bank draft and Cash payment will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to have a valid functional email address before starting their application. It must be unique and may NOT be shared with any other applicant.
- Candidates with Awaiting Results are also eligible to apply
- Application Closes at midnight on Wednesday 15th October, 2014.
Submission of Form
Selection of Programme
All applicants are expected to be of science background and must have attempted mathematics, English, Chemistry, Physics and (Biology or Agricultural Science). The university offers two (2) options for applicants into School of General and Preliminary Studies