Vision and Mission
Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000224 EndHTML:0000055945 StartFragment:0000042447 EndFragment:0000055905 SourceURL:file:///C:\Users\AGV\Desktop\website%20data%20for%20AAJ\FUDMA’s%20Vision,%20Mission,%20Brief%20History.docx
The vision of Federal university, Dutsin-ma is â€˜to be a top ranking, world-class University, committed to excellence in research and the production of a generation of leaders with passion for serviceâ€™.
The mission of Federal University, Dutsin-ma is â€˜to create knowledge, impart it to transform the human being, deploy it to grow the economy and solve local and global challenges, and do so in partnership and with integrityâ€™.
The philosophy of the Federal University, Dutsin-ma is to seek and mould the total being by developing the mind and imparting both theoretical and practical knowledge which encourages self-reliance and self confidence in the individual. The programmes of study and training shall therefore be designed to assist the individual to understand, exploit and if need be change his environments.
- Transparency and accountability;
- Justice, fairness and equity;
- Capacity building;
- Teamwork and mentoring;
- Excellence and professionalism;
- Quality service; and
CORE PRACTICES AND FUNCTIONS
- Student centred approach to teaching that facilitates studentsâ€™ learning
- Emphasis on teaching aids and the application of technology in teaching, learning, research and support services
- Monitoring, supervision and evaluation
- Creation of open framework for consultation and dialogue
- Promotion of age â€“ long learning culture
- Creation of linkages and networks to promote capacity building, learning and research
- Designed in qualities that keep the university adaptive to the operating context
- Building a culture where change, innovation and creative ideas breathe and prosper
- Attracting the best people to accomplish great deeds
- Promotion of advancement in the frontiers of knowledge and learning through research and teaching of the highest quality and
- Promotion of scholarship and innovation.
The Federal University, Dutsin-ma has the following objectives governing its establishment by law. The objectives of the university are:
- to encourage the advancement of learning and to hold out to all persons without distinction of race, creed, sex or political conviction the opportunity of acquiring higher and liberal education;
- to provide courses of instruction and other facilities for the pursuit of learning in all its branches, and to make those facilities available on proper terms to such persons as are equipped to benefit from them;
- to encourage and promote scholarship and conduct research in restricted fields of learning and human endeavour;
- to relate its activities to the social, cultural and economic needs of the people of Nigeria; and
- undertake any other activity appropriate for a university of the highest standard.